Boys Basketball: Senior Night 23’

“Thank you North Hollywood High School”

Our boys basketball team is having their senior night game on Friday, February 3, at 6:00 PM against Poly High School. 

Our boys basketball team has won against Poly High once already on January 13, 2023. The score was 42-34. It was a pretty tight game with it being 10-9 in the first quarter, 20-15 in the second, 27-26 in the third, and 42-34 in the last. 

Number 14 Abraham Metzger // Photo courtesy of @nohohusky

It has been some time since we last played against Poly, so maybe they have come up with a plan to win against us. However, I’m sure Coach Donovan Womack has organized plays to secure an even greater victory against Poly high. 

Our star players have impressive stats with Nikon Spasov averaging 10.1 points per game, 2.3 assist per game, 0.6 blocks per game, a 71 free throw percentage, and 11 total blocks as well. 

Caymen Smith has 45 total assists. 

Jayson Cooper has a 50 field goal percentage. 

Abraham Metzger gets 5.5 rebounds per game, and has 132 total rebounds. 

Ian Marte gets 1.7 steals per game, and has 42 total steals. 

Ethan Wong has a 39 three point percentage. 

Alexander Espinoza has 257 total points. 

Our boys basketball team is 16-11 which means that we have a 59.30% win rate. We are 6-5 in the East Valley League leaving us in 3rd place. Poly is 6-5 in the East Valley League leaving them in 5th place. Overall they are 12-15 which means that they have a 44.40% win rate. 

Number 15 Victor Garcia // Photo courtesy of @nohohusky

Therefore, statistics show that North Hollywood has the better basketball team. 

Poly high’s star player Gabriel Rivera averages 10.3 points per game, 7.0 rebounds per game, 3.5 assists per game, and he has 56 total assists.

Nathan Bravo has a 40 field goal percentage.

Jao Libunao gets 2.6 steals per game, he has a 32 three point percentage, and he has 52 total steals.

Beau Garcia gets 1.8 blocks per game, he has 131 total rebounds, and 38 total blocks.

Christopher Reyes has an 83 free throw percentage.

Kevin Lara has 212 total points. 

Number 20 Nic DeLeon // Photo courtesy of @nohohusky

No one really has the upper hand when it comes to star players statistics, however against common opponents North Hollywood has the upper hand. 

North Hollywood has a 8-7 lead when it comes to going against the same schools. However, the six points that Poly has against us is a tie since we also won against those school as well. Thus, this gives us the slight upper hand against Poly High school. 

Team Comparison shows that North Hollywood gets 58.0 points per game while Poly gets 43.1 points per game. 

North Hollywood gets 33.0 rebounds per game while Poly gets 24.3 rebounds per game. 

North Hollywood gets 12.3 assist per game while Poly gets 9.0 assist per game. 

North Hollywood gets 10.7 steals per game while Poly gets 8.6 steals per game. 

North Hollywood gets 1.4 blocks per game while Poly gets 2.7 blocks per game 

Number 24 Ryan Magallenes // Photo courtesy of @nohohusky

Therefore, according to team comparison this shows that North Hollywood has better team chemistry. 

Our senior huskies have been working hard all their years of high school, and it’s now their last high school basketball game. 

Number 1, Ronnie Gipson, feels like “It came pretty quick, I didn’t expect it to come pretty fast. I’m going to leave it all on the court for the last game. I’ve made a lot of memories in these four years, and I wouldn’t have the friends that I have if I didn’t play basketball. I wouldn’t have the memories either, and I loved playing all four years in varsity for North Hollywood high school. Thank you North Hollywood High School.”

Number 5 // Photo courtesy of @nohohusky

Number 14, Abraham Metzger, feels like “It’s bittersweet in a way. I’m excited to play and compete but also saddened that this will be my last league game. It also doesn’t help the fact that I have had the flu all week so I am just hoping I can play my best tomorrow.”

Number 15, Victor Garcia, feels like “it’s gone by very fast. I’m happy it happened, but I’m also kind of sad that it’s over. Hopefully we can extend the season by making it into the playoffs.” Yup

Number 24, Ryan Magallanes, feels “excited but I’m sad that it’s my last game just ready for playoffs and tryna win a championship.”

Number 0, Alexander Espinoza (varsity junior,) says that “We’re going to win Wednesday and Fridays game to be second seed in the league.”